If you are not aware How to sign up/register for a Gmail account from various devices, Gmail is one of the most trusted and used email service. It not only allows you share information in various forms to people all around the world but also never fails to compromise your security and privacy. Subsequently, You can access your Gmail account from any part of the world; all you need is a computer/laptop/mobile phone with internet connection.
This guide will take you through the step by step process of how to sign up/register for a Gmail account from various devices.
- In order to sign up/register for a Gmail account, open your internet browser and go to gmail.com
- Click the “Create an Account” link at the bottom center of the page.
- Fill up your first and last name in the empty fields at the top of the page.
- Choose your username.
- Create a password for your new account & confirm password.
- Fill your birthday, Select month from the drop down menu, and then type the day and born year.
- Select Gender “I am…”(female, male, or other) from drop down menu.
- Enter mobile number.
- Type your current email address. Select your location.
- After this you need to enter a captcha code to confirm that you are real person and not a robot. However, If you chose to skip this step you have to verify it using your mobile phone.
- After you are done with all the steps on this page, click “Next step” and you will be directed to “Create profile page”. Here you can put up a profile picture if you want to or you can skip it and click “Next step”.
- After you have signed up/registered for the google account you can use it to sign in to your Gmail account using your computer, laptop, tablet or phone.
If you cannot get the username you entered, then probably there are chances that:
- The username is already in existence and is being used by someone.
- The username requested by you is quite similar to one already in existence.
- It Belongs to someone in the past but now the account has been deleted.
- The username you requested is earmarked by google in order to prevent abuse and spam.
In such a case you will get few alternative bot similar username choices, from which you can chose one. Or you can also type another one of your choice and see if that is available. You might have to do this a few times until it gets finalized.
How To Set Up A Gmail Account On Your Phone?
- On your cell phone, click on the application tray . Tap on the Gmail icon.
- You will be given two choices. If you want to add an existing account or create a new one.
- Enter the username and password of your Gmail account.
If you want to set up a second Gmail account on your phone:
- On your desktop, visit gmail.com.
- Log in to your account using your Gmail username and password.
- In your account, go to settings and select forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Here enable the POP download and IMAP access.
- Click “Save Changes”.
Then on your phone:
- Tap the application tray and go to Settings.
- In settings go to accounts > Add account.
- Tap google > Existing.
- Enter the username and password.
This 2-Step Verification feature enables users a greater safety and security. It also ensures the greater amount of privacy to the users. If the user enables this feature on their devices, no external threat could affect the systems. However, If you turn this feature on, you will be prompted to enter the credentials along with a specific code which is sent to your mobile number. So, once you enter that code in respective place you will be signed in safely.
In Order To Enable The 2-Step Verification:
- In your Gmail account go to the “Signing in & security” and click on “Security Checkup”.
- You will be directed to the log in page. Log in using your username and password.
- On the right you will see the 2-step verification box, select “Start setup”.
- After that just follow the step by step process to enable the 2-step verification.